Dorm Crew is a student employment and leadership program that is entirely managed and operated by Harvard undergraduates. Through our employment opportunities, mentoring resources, and leadership development program, Dorm Crew advances Harvard College’s vision for a welcoming, supportive, and diverse community that cultivates rewarding and transformative student experiences while delivering valuable services to the University community in a sustainable way.
What Does Dorm Crew Do?
Created in 1951 as a student employment and leadership program for undergraduates, Dorm Crew offers employment opportunities, leadership development, and mentoring resources to more than 800 students annually.
Hundreds of on-campus employment opportunities for undergraduates pay a competitive wage, offer flexible schedules, and help develop the skills employers are seeking while providing a wide range of campus services that support the entire University community:
- Technical support for A/V equipment in common spaces
- Sustainability and waste-reduction programs across campus
- Facilities maintenance and inspections in residential and classroom buildings
- Residential building clean-ups before move-in and after move-out
- Event staffing and support for major campus events such as Commencement and Harvard College Reunions.
- First-Year Student Services support residential life in Harvard Yard.
- The Fall Clean-Up Pre-Orientation Work Opportunity fosters opportunities for exchange and dialogue among students with a diversity of experiences and mentors first-year students during their transition to college. First-years work together to clean and prepare the dorms for move-in while learning about life at Harvard from returning student leaders. FCU's philosophy is that the bonds of community formed over shared work and accomplishment engender the empathy and openness that are foundational to a Harvard education.
- An intensive leadership development program prepares students to assume management and leadership roles in their professional lives. Our curriculum emphasizes collaboration, adaptability, and creative problem-solving while offering practical experience managing a diverse workforce, refining interpersonal communication skills, and developing personal leadership styles.
- The Dorm Crew Advising Network connects current students with Harvard alumni from across the globe for advice and mentorship during their undergraduate studies and beyond.
Why Join Dorm Crew?
Dorm Crew is a popular on-campus employment opportunity that offers competitive pay, flexible schedules, and a chance to develop skills employers are looking for. Yet while many students join for the job, they stay for the welcoming and supportive community fostered by undergraduates and alumni and for the opportunity to take part in Dorm Crew's leadership development program, which students widely regard as a formative and foundational leadership experience.
Whether you are looking for a great community of friends, a flexible campus job, a place to connect with Harvard alumni, a chance to grow as a leader and manager, or just a way to unwind from papers and problem sets, all undergraduates are welcome to take part in this unique Harvard tradition!